Sunday, December 6, 2009

First in Clowns

Oh, the things we do to entertain ourselves... like running a 5k race. In Antarctica. In a clown suit.

This is not just the makings of a twisted joke; it's what actually went down Thanksgiving Saturday. Over a hundred people gathered to race the annual 5k Turkey Trot here at McMurdo. It was cold and windy, but that didn't stop us.

The winner was a Kiwi named Trotter (no joke) from the New Zealand base just over the way. I was proud to come in First in Clowns. I also gained the title of Last in Clowns. I was a happy clown, I was a sad clown...




2 comments:

  1. You look like a clown about to take a crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might know you would win at something.
    Got anything thermal under the clown outfit? to me it looks like running alone wouldn't produce enough body heat to survive on. What are the temps on these "fair" days?
    xoxo Charlie

    ReplyDelete